If there’s anything we know, it’s summer = lake season. This summer, you can find the ultimate FREE summer activity at Shadyside Lake in Anderson, IN! Head to the dock by Bobber’s Café (1117 Alexandria Pike, Anderson, IN 46012) from 1-6PM Thursdays through Mondays throughout the summer for free kayak and paddle boat rental!
Enjoy up to 2 peaceful hours on the lake with family and friends, then head to Bobber’s Café for some delicious ice cream to end the day! Please remember there are 5 kayaks and 4 paddle boats available for rental on a first come, first served basis, so if you have to wait for the next boat, take a walk around the trails or get your ice cream first! #MeetUsAtThePark
*Note: Please park at the Shadyside Activity Center (1112 Broadway Ave. Anderson, IN 46016). Bathrooms are available to the public here.
Shadyside Paddle Boat/Kayak Rental Rules
- Use of vessel is for 2-hour time frame.
- Parent/Guardian must be present for any minor children.
- Must be 18 years or older to sign waiver and for use of vessels.
- You must know how to swim to use vessels.
- Life vests are provided and must be worn while on the water.
- Exiting and entering boat only from designated launch area.
- No swimming or jumping from vessels.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted.